- Internet provider
- CCBot, 2.0
How to check the speed of the Internet
Steadily high speed Internet connection is an important condition for comfortable and efficient networking. You can check this figure on a computer, phone or other device online using special services. In order to get accurate results, it is recommended to disable applications, programs designed for downloading files, as they take a significant part of the traffic before checking the speed of an IP address.
Why measure Internet speed
Periodically check the speed of the Internet connection for the reason that service providers often "embellish" the actual performance. Providers report only the maximum possible bandwidth of the network channels, but they do not notify users about the parameters to which they may fall.
How to check the speed of the Internet on Windows
Before measuring the speed of the Internet, it is worth figuring out how it can be reduced. The quality of the connection depends on the following factors:
- Tariff plan established by the provider.
- The workload of the Internet by other users - for example, many note that in the evening the connection speed drops sharply.
- Settings of the operating system of the phone or PC.
- Server address - this is relevant for users using anonymous IP. The farther away the proxy is from your current location, the lower the connection speed.
- Using programs that take away Internet traffic - for example, if you download content using torrents, web pages may load slower.
- The parameters of the equipment used to connect to the network (Wi-Fi router, network adapter, etc.).
- The presence of malicious files, virus programs. Before checking the speed of the Internet online, it is recommended to scan your phone or computer for viruses.
- Quality of communications (Internet cable, sockets, wire connections) indoors.
In order for the verification of the IP address speed to give reliable results, it is necessary to carry out a direct connection test (not through a router). Often, the channel capacity when using a router deteriorates through no fault of the provider - the cause may be interference from working household appliances, the “unsuccessful” location of the router, other Wi-Fi networks.
You can check the Internet speed on Windows in the "Network and Sharing Center" section or use online services - the second method is easier and faster, because in order to get reliable information, you just need to specify an ip address.
IP Address Speed Check Results
For Internet users who are interested in watching movies online, chatting in social networks and visiting entertainment portals, the optimal connection speed is at least 4 megabits per second. Please note that overseas websites load slower. However, even for them, 10 Mbit per second is enough.
It is advisable to repeat the test 3-4 times, comparing the information received - this is how you check the speed of the Internet that the provider actually provides.
Check internet connection speed
Using our service, you can check the speed of the Internet on your computer, on your mobile phone, laptop or tablet. The test results will show the real possibilities of the network, because the cases when the data declared by the provider differ from the actual ones is not uncommon.
The speed test IP addresses online allows you to find out:
- The time of the inspection.
- Reliable information about incoming and outgoing data exchange rates between the phone (PC) and the Internet.
- Changes to ping - response time to user actions. The lower the number, the better the quality of the connection.
To start checking the speed of IP addresses in the online mode, registration on the site is not required - enter the ip in the appropriate field and get the result in minutes.